On top of a busy November, IM4DC’s program continues in December, before a short program break for the festive season and the month of January. During December, IM4DC’s program includes:
- Final two weeks of Occupational Health and Safety Leadership short course, Perth, Australia; presented by UWA Centre for Safety
- Resource Conservation short course, Brisbane, Australia; presented by UQ Sustainable Minerals Institute in collaboration with Indonesian Education and Training Centre for Minerals and Coal
- Zambia Alumni Day, Lusaka, Zambia; in collaboration with the new ZAM4D organisation
- Completion of two IM4DC Fellowships
- A scoping mission to review mining and petroleum legislation in a South East Asian country
- A study tour to Western Australia to examine mineral title systems and geoscience practices.
During December, IM4DC will finalise selection of 30 participants for the Emerging Leaders in African Mining program, to be held in South Africa in conjunction with African Mining Indaba in February 2015.
As well, IM4DC will advertise the Environmental Management in Mining short course to be held in Queensland, Australia in March 2015.
In February 2015, IM4DC will present its Negotiations Skills Training course for Africa, while in March, the regular Regional Development course will be presented in the Philippines for personnel from across the Asia-Pacific region. Details of both will be advised shortly.