The Sekondi Takoradi Chamber of Commerce and Industry and IM4DC are offering a short course in Ghana in April, focused on developing local micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) suppliers for the mining, oil and gas sectors.
The aims of this training course are:
- To provide the foundational knowledge and skills required to develop local MSME suppliers
- For participants to work together to develop a Local MSME Supplier Development strategy for the region in which they operate.
Themes covered will include:
- Selecting which sectors to develop
- Adapting industry procurement practice
- Linking buyers and sellers
- Designing a supplier capability
- Development program
- Linking industrial policy and supplier development
- Facilitating micro-enterprises
- Enhancing the conditions for success through good governance.
Other presenting partners are Community Insights, Revenue Watch, SMI Centre for Social Responsibility in Mining at UQ, Sirolli Institute and Building Markets.
The course will run from 22 to 26 April 2013 at Busua Beach Resort, Western Region, Ghana.
Applications for attendance close on 29 March.