The following courses provide an indication of the range of courses that are offered by IM4DC in 2011/12. The first year program is being developed by IM4DC management, guided by consultation with developing country governments and other stakeholders.
These courses are targeted at all various stakeholder groups, and are adapted to regional contexts and themes where necessary:
- Sustainable development in the mineral industry context
- Introduction to mining law
- Regulatory frameworks for managing sustainable resource developments
- Understanding and managing cumulative impacts in resource regions
- Introduction to mineral systems and exploration targeting
- Leading practice water management and accounting for the resources sector
- International rural development and resource developments
- Building productive community relationships for the resources sector
- Introduction to management of mine site pollution
- Introduction to mine closure.